1. At the time of booking a non-refundable booking fee/deposit of 20% (Min £20) will be required to be paid within 5 days to secure the room. Without a deposit the room will be released. Short stays of under three days will be charged and additional £20 per booking. A peak surcharge of £10 will be charged for Bank Holidays,Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
2. The full remaining balance will be due 21 days prior to the booked arrival date. Cancellations less than 21 days prior to booked arrival date will non-refundable. Any subsequent charges will be charged on a final invoice on departure. Payment can be made by bank transfer to 20-42-76 93316920 The Suma Farm Cat Hotel, or by phone 01932 862210 during office hours. We accept all major credit and debit cards except American Express. We do not accept cheques or cash.
3. Boarding is charged per day or any part of day. This includes the day of arrival and departure irrespective of the time of arrival or departure. This allows for proper sanitization and to minimise the likelihood of a room not being available on your arrival, due to the previous occupant being delayed in departure.
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION
Appointments can be made between 10.00 to 12.30 and 14.00 to 16.30 Mon to Sat. Sunday 10.00 to 12.00. 10.00 to 12.00 Christmas Eve. Closed Bank Holidays Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
4. Arrivals and departures can only be accepted within the stated times by appointment. Collection outside of opening times will be charged at £20, if available.
5. All cats must arrive and depart in a cat carrier, and must remain in their carrier within the cattery premises unless in their allocated room.
6. There will be no refund for collection of cats earlier than the booked departure date.
7. We MUST be informed of an emergency contact who would be prepared to take your cat in an emergency, which will be kept on the records. They must agree to their contact information being held by us.
8. In the event your cat is not collected within 7 days of the agreed collection date, without contact from the owner, we will attempt to contact you and your emergency contact. If no contact can be made and no new return date agreed, the cat will be considered abandoned. The cat will be rehomed at our discretion.
VACCINATIONS AND HEALTH
9. All cats must have up to date standard core vaccinations for Feline Influenza and Feline Enteritis. These must have been administered at 2 weeks prior to boarding if not a timely annual booster. An up to date vaccination certificate must be provided for your cat’s record prior to arrival. A cat will not be accepted without an up to date vaccination certificate. We require details of your registered vet to be kept on record.
10. In accordance with the Animal Welfare Act, all cats should be recently treated with a known flea treatment, and wormer, before they are boarded. This information will be recorded on your cat’s records. These products have varying lengths of effectiveness. Cats that arrive with fleas will be administered such a product and charged accordingly.
11. All cats must be in good health on arrival and have had no communicable disease in the past 30 days.
12. All pre-existing conditions must be declared upon arrival. We will consult a veterinary surgeon should we feel necessary. We have your full consent to contact your veterinary surgeon in connection with this stay, for information or a veterinary report regarding your cat’s medical history and condition, during its stay, prior to and after its departure from the cattery.
13. If medication is to be administered to cats in our care, full details of storage requirements, dosage and directions must be advised and registered prior to arrival. All medication must be in clearly marked containers, labelled with the owner’s surname, the cat’s name, contents and dosage measurement and timings. You accept that medications will not be dispensed by a veterinary professional.
14. All male cats must be neutered over 4 months old. We reserve the right to refuse to board a pet that, in our opinion, we feel would be unsuitable to be in the boarding environment.
INURY AND ILLNESS
15. In the event your cat becomes ill or injured while boarding with us, we will take your cat to your own vet, if local, or our nominated vet. We will contact you or your emergency contact to authorise any treatment necessary. All incurred costs will be charged to the owner on the final invoice. Costs will include, but not be limited to; veterinary call-out fees, treatment, transportation, veterinary accommodation costs.
16. We accept no liability for any injury resulting from contact between cats from the same household who are sharing accommodation. Only cats's from the same household are permitted to share a room. Whilst every care is taken during your cat’s stay, your cat is boarded entirely at your own risk. We cannot be liable for illness, injury or death of any animal in our care.
17. If we feel that your cat presents a risk to our staff, or is showing major signs of stress which we feel is not in the cat’s best interest, we will ask you or your emergency contact to collect your cat. Your emergency contact must be happy to accept your cat if we can no longer accommodate your cat for any reason. No refund will be given should you be asked to collect your cat early.
FOOD AND BELONGINGS
18. We provide a standard range of cat food included in the boarding fees. Should you require to bring your own food we request you provide enough food for your cat for the full length of the stay. Food should be in a rodent proof, cleanable, clearly labelled container. There will be no discount for bringing your own food. You will be asked to provide clear instructions on the amount, type and frequency of feeding required which will be added to your cat’s records.
19. You may bring your cats own bed or any toys should you wish. While we take as much care as possible of all your belongings, we will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged items. Please provide a written list of all items you have brought into the cattery for return on collection of the cat.
(During Covid 19 restrictions we are unable to accept any of the cat’s belongings, apart from its carrier, food and medication. We will supply beds, bedding and toys for the cat’s use.)